MEETING TIME AND LOCATION
Meetings are held once a month on the first Tuesday (7 – 9pm), from January to May with a social event, usually a picnic and fundraiser, held in June. July & August have no meetings as most Rockhounds are busy in the field or with family excursions. Meetings resume from September through November with an annual year end dinner held in December. Beginning January 2018 we meet at the McMillan Arts Centre, 133 McMillan Street, Parksville (see map below programs).
- 2020 MEETING PROGRAMS (TENTATIVE):
- January 7 – Program: Rock Tumbling equipment & tips by Member Ruthie S.
- February 4 – Program: Rock ID and Field Trip Necessities by Lance M.
- March 3 – Program: History of the Lapidary Shop by Doug S. and Judy M.
- April 7 – Program: Research Station – Show and Tell by 2 to 3 members T.B.D.
- May 5 – Program: Stone carving and sculptures by Mike R.
- June – pot luck picnic
- September 1 – Program: Crystals by Len S.
- October 6 – Program: Jewelry Making by guest Linda H.
- November 3 – AGM; Program: Fossils of Vancouver Island by Guest Dan B. (CANCELLED)
- December 1 – Year End Party (CANCELLED)
Our Club Contact is Dawn Ryan at 250-248-6575
Our Club President’s (Guy Chouinard) email is email@example.com
Our mailing address is:
Parksville and District Rock and Gem Club
P.O.Box 47, Parksville, BC. V9P 1A0