MEETING TIME AND LOCATION
Meetings are held once a month on the first Tuesday (7 – 9pm), from January to May with a social event, usually a picnic and fundraiser, held in June. July & August have no meetings as most Rockhounds are busy in the field or with family excursions. Meetings resume from September through November with an annual year end dinner held in December. Beginning January 2018 we meet at the McMillan Arts Centre, 133 McMillan Street, Parksville (see map below programs).
2019 MEETING PROGRAMS:
- January 8 – Program: Silversmithing by Member Valerie Harty
- February 5- Program: Local Geology by Member Jim Lewis
- March 5 – Program: Oddities of Minerals by Member Jim McKinnon
- April 2 – Program: Rock Tumbling by Member Jim Dixon
- May 7 – Program: Life as a Rockhounder/Bacon Jasper by BCLS Member Carl Shearer
- June – pot luck
- September 3 – Program: Displaying Jewelry for Sale by Doug Shewan
- October 1 – Program: Rock Identification by Ken Porteous
- November 5 – “AGM” with Election; Program: 35 Year Retrospective of the Club by Claude L. and Linda S.
- December 3: Annual Christmas Party – Parksville Legion
- 2020 MEETING PROGRAMS (TENTATIVE):
- January 7 – Program: Rock Tumbling equipment & tips by Member Ruthie S.
- February 4 – Program: Rock ID and Field Trip Necessities by Lance M.
- March 3 – Program: History of the Lapidary Shop by Doug S. and Judy M.
- April 7 – Program: Local Geology by T.B.D.
- May 5 – Program: Intarsia by JIm D.
- June – pot luck picnic
- September 1 – Program: Crystals by Len S.
- October 6 – Program: Jewelry Making by guest Linda H.
- November 3 – AGM; Program: Fossils of Vancouver Island by Guest Dan B.
- December 1 – Year End Party
Our Club Contact is Marion Barclay at 250-248-6177
Our Club President’s email is email@example.com
Our mailing address is:
Parksville and District Rock and Gem Club
1001 Maple Lane Drive
Parksville, BC V9P 1S8