The Parksville and District Rock and Gem Club is an unincorporated non-profit organization & was formed many years ago as the 69’ers Club of Coombs. It later changed to its current name and in May 1984 was welcomed as a member of the provincial Society & in 2014 we celebrated our 30th Anniversary.
Members of our Club become members of the British Columbia Lapidary Society (BCLS) and the Gem and Mineral Federation of Canada (GMFC). As a member of one of the clubs in British Columbia you are welcome at all provincial activities. Members vary in knowledge and experience. Everyone has an interest in rocks, minerals, gems or lapidary at some level. All Guests are welcome at meetings, as well as to join us on fieldtrips so long as they attend as guests of a specific member.
OBJECTIVES & ACTIVITIES
- To promote and encourage the study, collecting, cutting, polishing and engraving of gemstones, minerals, rocks and other geological materials as a hobby
- To encourage exploration of Vancouver Island for rocks and minerals
- To promote and encourage association with and information exchange with other hobbyists who have similar interests
- To sponsor activities that aid in sharing knowledge and expertise about all aspects of this hobby
- Meetings & presentations
- Field trips
- Shows & workshops
- Picnics, potlucks & tailgate sales